Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by tomk <rr...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/25 22:45:35 UTC

Two nodes in cluster

Hello,
At now I have only one node, but I am going to add more machines (in one
local network).
What should I know to do it ?
I have PARTITIONED type of cache.
Hot loading (my use case is caching postgresql) is done on one machine.
How to force ignite to distribute these rows to all machines - not only that
where client is executed (client initialize hot loading from postgresql).

Re: Two nodes in cluster

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
How this topic is related to SQL queries? :)

I see that you’ve already started a bunch of SQL related topics on the user list. In short SQL queries can be executed via JDBC client or  using Java API.

Refer to this page for more details - https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/sql-queries <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/sql-queries>

In addition it makes sense to investigate CacheQueryExample that is delivered with Ignite releases
https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/examples/datagrid/CacheQueryExample.java <https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/examples/datagrid/CacheQueryExample.java>

—
Denis

Re: Two nodes in cluster

Posted by Tomek W <rr...@gmail.com>.
Ok,

Re: Two nodes in cluster

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.

Re: Two nodes in cluster

Posted by Vladislav Pyatkov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Data themselves are distributed across nodes (in the PARTITIONED cache) is
responsible for this affinity function.
You can follow any responses to write his affinity functions are
implemented org.apache.ignite.cache.affinity.AffinityFunction and install
it via the configuration cache
org.apache.ignite.configuration.CacheConfiguration # setAffinity

--
Vladislav Pyatkov

Re: Two nodes in cluster

Posted by Tomek W <rr...@gmail.com>.