Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Friedman <hu...@ix.netcom.com> on 2003/10/23 07:42:36 UTC

Eclipse question about using taglibs in

In order to get the output of a JSP, I want to try to call the struts
Bean.IncludeTag from my struts action.  I've never tried calling a taglib
from java before, only used the TLDs in JSP's.  So, here is my attempt:

package org.nothing;

import org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.IncludeTag;

public class David {
	String pageURL = "/index.jsp";
	IncludeTag includePage = new IncludeTag();
	includePage.setPage(pageURL);
}

It compiles okay BUT in the Eclipse IDE, the methods under for includePage
don't auto-complete and also give me syntax warnings.  I know my tag is
readable since I can click down through the
org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.IncludeTag class in Eclipse.  Does anyone have
any pointers on how to correct this since I'm clueless having never tried to
call a taglib inside an action before.  Any hints, suggestions, tutorials,
etc.?

Regards,
David

How to write a multi steps wizard web application?

Posted by ZYD <el...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

I'm wondering how to write a multi-step wizard web app. In Struts in Action, it's mentioned that ActionForm should be set to scope session when writing a wizard. no more.

Does any body have some advice on how to achive it?

bruce

RE: Eclipse question about using taglibs in

Posted by David Friedman <hu...@ix.netcom.com>.
My bad, but thanks for the tutorial.
I am so tired at 2 A.M. that I didn't
even code it correctly.   (self: Jackass!)

It's working properly now.

Good night all ( hey, I heard that 'good riddance!')
David

You might want to start with this first:

  http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/tutorial/TagLibrariesTOC.html

--
James Mitchell
Software Engineer / Struts Evangelist

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Richard Yee <ry...@cruzio.com>.
David,
I don't think you will be able to do that. The tag expects to be inside a
JSP. It might be possible to do it from within a servlet filter too.  I
think it will be difficult to do it from within the action class.

-Richard