Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Alistair Young <al...@smo.uhi.ac.uk> on 2006/08/08 18:39:25 UTC

[Axis2] Preserving the original WSDL

Hi there, me again! Is there any way to preserve the original WSDL when
deploying a service? The generated WSDL is not much use as it has removed
all the <types> elements so no data binding can occur.

I read somewhere that you can put the WSDL in META-INF but that didn't do
anything.

--
Alistair Young
Senior Software Engineer

Re: [AXIS2] Preserving the original WSDL

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Mirmit;
can you please create JIRA , I think its a bug in Axis2

Thanks
Deepal

Deepal
~Future is Open~

Re: [AXIS2] Preserving the original WSDL

Posted by Nirmit Desai <ni...@us.ibm.com>.
Hey Alistair, all,

> [...]

>>   <operation name="combineMinervaObjects">
>>     <messageReceiver
>> class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCInOutAsyncMessageReceiver"/>
>>   </operation>
>> </service>
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Alistair
>>

>> --
>> Alistair Young
>> Senior Software Engineer
>> UHI@Sabhal Mòr Ostaig
>> Isle of Skye
>> Scotland
>>
>>> Hi there, me again! Is there any way to preserve the original
>>> WSDL when
>>> deploying a service? The generated WSDL is not much use as it has
>>> removed
>>> all the <types> elements so no data binding can occur.
>>>
>>> I read somewhere that you can put the WSDL in META-INF but that
>>> do

Posted by Alistair Young <al...@smo.uhi.ac.uk>.
aha! what a day, I must be working too hard! My wsdl namespace for
<xs:schema> was wrong so Axis2 was removing it. So Axis2 doesn't just
pick up the wsdl and display it. It must process it too.

Anyway, I can now get on with using this groovy new web services
toolkit.

Alistair

On 8 Aug 2006, at 20:58, Alistair Young wrote:

> this is painful! I found this site which explains it more:
>
> http://www.developer.com/open/article.php/10930_3589126_2
>
> and now I have the <types> element appearing in something that
> resembles
> the original wsdl. However, it's a real mess. The <types> has one
> child:
>
> <xs:schema targetNamespace="urn:minerva"
> elementFormDefault="unqualified"
> attributeFormDefault="unqualified"/>
>
> so the full xsd:schema definitions of the types are missing and no
> data
> binding for clients can be done.
>
> Axis2 has also added an HTTP POST binding which should not be
> there. It's
> also added a load of soap12 namespaces which aren't in the original
> wsdl.
>
> I just can't get axis2 to reproduce the original wsdl. Is Axis2
> sensitive
> to namespace declarations?
>
> --
> Alistair Young
> Senior Software Engineer
> UHI@Sabhal Mòr Ostaig
> Isle of Skye
> Scotland
>
>> apparently this in services.xml is meant to work but it doesn't:
>>
>> <parameter name="useOriginalwsdl">true</parameter>
>>
>> the generated wsdl is lacking all original <types>
>>
>> Could someone guide me to a solution please?
>>
>> <service>
>>   <description>Test service</description>
>>   <parameter name="ServiceClass" locked="false">org.test.Test</
>> parameter>
>>   <parameter name="useOriginalwsdl">true</parameter>
>>   <operation name="combineMinervaObjects">
>>     <messageReceiver
>> class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCInOutAsyncMessageReceiver"/>
>>   </operation>
>> </service>
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Alistair
>>

>> --
>> Alistair Young
>> Senior Software Engineer
>> UHI@Sabhal Mòr Ostaig
>> Isle of Skye
>> Scotland
>>
>>> Hi there, me again! Is there any way to preserve the original
>>> WSDL when
>>> deploying a service? The generated WSDL is not much use as it has
>>> removed
>>> all the <types> elements so no data binding can occur.
>>>
>>> I read somewhere that you can put the WSDL in META-INF but that
>>> didn't
>>> do

RE: [AXIS2] sec.properties location

Posted by "Jones, Alan R" <al...@boeing.com>.
Never mind... Was simply a typo in the services.xml file: had
<signaturepropFile> instead of <signaturePropFile>  (capital"P"). Dumb
mistake.

Thanks,

Alan J

Alan R Jones