Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Brian Lee <br...@3rsoft.com> on 2001/04/19 06:46:23 UTC

Using custom DB Schema instead of TurbineUser

Hi.

I'd like to use custom DB Schema for user database instead of TurbineUser.
it has user ID/password and other columns storing addition information about user.

How can I do this? or does an example exist?

Thanks.

--
Brian Lee

Re: Using custom DB Schema instead of TurbineUser

Posted by Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <le...@ibnetwork.com.br>.
Brian Lee wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'd like to use custom DB Schema for user database instead of TurbineUser.
> it has user ID/password and other columns storing addition information about user.
>
> How can I do this? or does an example exist?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Brian Lee

Hi..
I don't know if this is the best way to do it, but that's what I do.
generate my classes with torque.
Supose you generated a class called MyUser
Make MyUser implement TurbineUser
Make MyUserPeer implement UserPeer.
Configure TR.props accordingly
replace DBUserManager do use MyPeer instead of TurbineUserPeer.

I think this is a little bi tedious, but...
the problem I see here is DBUserManager using static methods from
TurbineUserPeer
instead of a pluggable impl.

I hope this help you..
--