Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lulseged Zerfu <zl...@hotmail.com> on 2016/03/28 18:16:07 UTC

Tomcat 8.5.0 and 9.0.0 M4

Hi

I was trying to test HTTP/2 and tried versions 8.5.0 and 9.0.0.M4. I was not
able to start these releases because I get NoClassDefFoundError.

javax/servlet/ServletContainerInitializer

        at java.lang.ClassLoader.findBootstrapClass(Native Method)

        at
java.lang.ClassLoader.findBootstrapClassOrNull(ClassLoader.java:1015)

        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoader
Base.java:1216)

        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoader
Base.java:1131)

        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.WebappServiceLoader.loadServices(WebappServiceLo
ader.java:188)

        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.WebappServiceLoader.load(WebappServiceLoader.jav
a:159)

        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processServletContainerInitializer
s(ContextConfig.java:1611)

        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.webConfig(ContextConfig.java:1131)

        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.configureStart(ContextConfig.java:
771)

        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:
298)

        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java
:94)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:
5092)

        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:152)

        ... 10 more

Class javax/servlet/ServletContainerInitializer is found in the
servlet-api.jar which is inplace.

I am starting it with:

bin\catalina.bat jpda run

This works fine with earlier tomcat releases. For example 8.0.33.

Any change made to these releases?

BR

Lulseged

RE: Tomcat 8.5.0 and 9.0.0 M4

Posted by Lulseged Zerfu <zl...@hotmail.com>.
Hi

When I say in place, I mean it is in the same place as in tomcat 8.0.33
(lib).

Yes I have only one under apache-tomcat-8.5.0/lib.

Have anyone tried and seen same problem or is it only me that have this
problem?

BR
lulseged.zerfu

> I was trying to test HTTP/2 and tried versions 8.5.0 and 9.0.0.M4. I
> was not able to start these releases because I get NoClassDefFoundError.

> Class javax/servlet/ServletContainerInitializer is found in the
> servlet-api.jar which is inplace.

In place where (be precise)?

Make sure the .jar is not in more than one location; it should be only in
Tomcat's lib directory, nowhere else.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.

RE: Tomcat 8.5.0 and 9.0.0 M4