Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by webmaster <we...@cienciapura.com.br> on 2003/06/25 15:44:00 UTC

reloadable='true' and MBean

Hi all,

I'm using Tomcat 4.1.24 with some virtual users on it. I'd like to give my users the flexibility to change their
Context properties on the fly ( like reloadable='false' for instance ), but I don't want to give them access to
MBean application.

Is it possible ? How can I do a 'wrapper' so I can customize my own application ?

Thanks
Renato - Brazil.

Re: reloadable='true' and MBean

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Look at Tomcat5 and the JMXProxy servlet in the manager application.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tomcat-catalina/webapps/manager/WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/catalina/manager/JMXProxyServlet.java?rev=1.4&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

And you can write your own app to allow users to set only the properties you
wish as well as any custom security constraints.

-Tim