Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/19 12:26:36 UTC

2.0-beta3 distro review

Ok following the discussion last week about doing a beta3 release i've
created a release branch and built the distros from that which are
presently uploading to:

http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/2.0-Beta3-review/

I've done a little clean up and tried the getting-started samples
which mostly seem to work ok, and the rest of the release including
legal files etc looks ok to me. So the only thing left is the quality
of samples and documentation. I'm hoping that as with the previous
beta release having not completely perfect doc will be ok for this
release too. Anyway, please all if you have so time do some review and
any clean up that you see as necessary and in a couple of days i'll
spin an RC and call a vote to release.

   ...ant

Re: 2.0-beta3 distro review

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
The beta3 branch is looking ok to me now so I plan to build and upload
the release artifacts tomorrow morning (ie in about 12 hours). If
you've got any last minute updates please try to get them committed
before then or say if you need me to wait.

   ...ant

Re: 2.0-beta3 distro review

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 19/07/2011 11:26, ant elder wrote:
> Ok following the discussion last week about doing a beta3 release i've
> created a release branch and built the distros from that which are
> presently uploading to:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/2.0-Beta3-review/
>
> I've done a little clean up and tried the getting-started samples
> which mostly seem to work ok, and the rest of the release including
> legal files etc looks ok to me. So the only thing left is the quality
> of samples and documentation. I'm hoping that as with the previous
> beta release having not completely perfect doc will be ok for this
> release too. Anyway, please all if you have so time do some review and
> any clean up that you see as necessary and in a couple of days i'll
> spin an RC and call a vote to release.
>
>     ...ant

Ant,

Unfortunately, I'll not be able to review this before I get back from vacation on Aug 1.

Yours,  Mike.