Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Kenneth Fogel <kf...@dawsoncollege.qc.ca> on 2022/01/26 15:44:23 UTC

Basic Bugs

Hi,

I have just filed two JIRA bug reports for what is a problem for me in a course I am giving this semester. The first is that Copy does not work outside of NetBeans. I can Copy or Ctrl-C between files in NetBeans but I cannot paste what was copied outside of NetBeans such as to NotePad++ or MS Word. I can Cut or Ctrl-X the selection and then successfully paste it into an external program but then I must go back to NetBeans to undo the Cut. I have seen this issue in earlier versions. The second issue is with Help Online Support and Docs. It is pre-pending the file location for the NetBeans installation to a URL thus invoking a text editor rather than a browser. I am using 12.6, Java 17, and Windows 11.

Ken

Re: Basic Bugs

Posted by Scott Palmer <sw...@gmail.com>.
I think we should simply try removing the old hacks that NB is using to
maintain it's own clipboard.  They seem to be to work around an ancient JDK
bug that may not even be an issue anymore - where as we know there are
problems with what NB is doing now..

For me it happens on Win 10. But as you say finding a reliable reproducer
is part of the problem.

Scott

Re: Basic Bugs

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.