Posted to dev@daffodil.apache.org by Mike Beckerle <mb...@apache.org> on 2023/04/27 16:57:08 UTC

EXI - OpenEXI aka Nagasena

When we did our EXI testing, we tested with Exificient and with Agile Delta
(closed source) EXI.

For some reason we did not test openEXI, which is also open-source ASFv2
license, has a Java version, and has a separate schema compiler (like Agile
Delta).

A friend, Don Brutzman of Naval Postgrad School, who has also been involved
with DFDL work, is one of the contributors to openEXI.

We should revisit this and test openEXI also. The separate schema compiler
is one reason. There's also an Exificient bug (the maxOccurs="9999"
problem) that we have to deal with somehow with Exificient, so openEXI
should be investigated.

OpenEXI/Nagasena is available here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/openexi/files/ as Java jars with source
jar. I don't know about running those jars on a recent JVM though. The jar
dates from 2016.

Or is in sourceforge's SVN. (400+ Megs if you svn checkout the entire repo
though)

Mike Beckerle
Apache Daffodil PMC | daffodil.apache.org
OGF DFDL Workgroup Co-Chair | www.ogf.org/ogf/doku.php/standards/dfdl/dfdl
Owl Cyber Defense | www.owlcyberdefense.com