Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mauro Talevi <ma...@aquilonia.org> on 2007/12/11 10:29:50 UTC

Re: Changed vote Re: [Vote] maven-shade-plugin release 1.0-alpha-14 and move out of sandbox

Dan Fabulich wrote:

> Uh, actually, I need to turn my vote to a -1. :-( I just discovered that
> I'm being bitten by MSHADE-5 (and MSHADE-6) every time I go to deploy
> the Surefire 2.4-SNAPSHOT.  As a result, I deployed a corrupted
> SNAPSHOT... yuck!
>
> I just fixed MSHADE-6 in the sandbox, which would have at least
> prevented me from deploying a defective binary.  I still don't see a
> great way to resolve MSHADE-5 except to pursue a strategy like the one
> described in MSHADE-7 (perhaps, as dkulp suggested, as an option).
>
> I'm going to go try to do the deploy directly from people.apache.org
> now. :-(

Dan,

I would seem to me MSHADE-5 is connected to Windows' less-than-optimal
filesystem management, I've never seen it on Unix.  The fact that it
occurs only occasionally is a telling sign.

I've commented on MSHADE-7 - as far as I can tell, feature is already
implemented, via shadedArtifact attachment.  Please try out the
configuration in:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/tags/maven-shade-plugin-1.0-alpha-14/src/test/projects/shaded-attached-project/pom.xml

Cheers

Re: Changed vote Re: [Vote] maven-shade-plugin release 1.0-alpha-14 and move out of sandbox

Posted by Dan Fabulich <da...@fabulich.com>.
Mauro Talevi wrote:

> I've commented on MSHADE-7 - as far as I can tell, feature is already
> implemented, via shadedArtifact attachment.  Please try out the configuration
> in:

MSHADE-7 is a very different feature from shadedArtifactAttached.

MSHADE-7 suggests that the generated classes just get dumped in with the
regular classes, so I can just write my code directly against the shaded
packages.

In that case, there would be no separate shaded artifact; the main
artifact would be the only artifact, and no need to replace.

shadedArtifactAttached appends a new artifact with -shaded classifier,
which isn't as helpful because the non-shaded artifact is usually trash.

-Dan