Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Eric Owhadi <er...@esgyn.com> on 2015/07/28 00:19:30 UTC

Process of using JIRA vs dev list?

I thought that using JIRA was a great way to collaborate on a topic, and
keep the history of conversation searchable and well formatted.

However, I think only watchers on a JIRA will see email notification on
comments, (not sure about that). If nobody is watching, then it is
pointless.

There is a way to add watchers to a JIRA, but it looks like one need to
have specific privilege to do so. I got error message trying that.

Dave do you know how one could force sending stuff to dev list from a JIRA
comment?

Eric

Re: Process of using JIRA vs dev list?

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.
Hi,

JIRA is a better place to keep discussion, as it also serves as an
historical record on the topic. If it is discussed instead on a dlist, it
will tend to get lost among 1000's of other e-mails on different topics.

Dave

Posted by Hans Zeller <ha...@esgyn.com>.

Posted by Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com>.

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.