Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Arseny <fo...@mail.ru> on 2008/02/26 09:57:24 UTC

Does Axis C++ support UTF8?

Hello!
Does Axis C++ (not Axis2/C) client support UTF-8?
We need to pass Russian symbols as result of a WS operation.
When we do it,  we have a short senseless string instead of unicode on
the C++ side.
SOAP messages sent from WS server (Axis Java) are OK and are
successfully parsed by .NET client.

At the same time, UTF-8 serialization (sending Russian symbols as input
params of WS operation) works fine.

Re: Does Axis C++ support UTF8?

Posted by Arseny <fo...@mail.ru>.
Thanks for response!
I rebuilt AxisXMLParserXerces with the latest Xerces 2_8 and it solved
the problem. Xerces transforms the UTF8 text in
OS native codepage. It would be better for me if it leaves UTF8 encoding
but still it solves problem.

Re: Does Axis C++ support UTF8?

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.