Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by axis user <ax...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/20 05:18:40 UTC

need help wiith using log4j with axis and tomcat

Hi,
i am new and kinda lost in the web services world .. too many things to do in a short duration. Wondering anyone can help me out. Here's the problem:

We have tomcat running and  serving servlets. The servlets call  x.jar which has couple of tasks. One of these task instantiates and call the  API i created which is an interface with the webservice server and creates all the connection and request. This API calls classes in axis.jar (another jar) provided by apache with one modification. It uses CommonsHTTPsender instead of the normal transport. So now as per documentation, i added  the log4j.properties to the tomcat/lib directory as this dir contains bot the x.jar and axis.jar. I also have added
static Category log = Category.getinstance(....
in my class which is called in the x.jar.
However i cannot see the log or see any log files being generated either for my x.jar or axis.jar. i also specified a hardcoded path in the log4j.properties for the time being.
What am i doing wrong here ? I need to log these to see whats going on with my messages.  i m stuck and dont have a clue.

-mb