Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2021/07/06 15:21:46 UTC

Re: [discuss] nifi 1.14.0

Team

Going to try to pull the rc together today.  Havent looked at what remains
but it is time.  Will look at what is hanging out/mergable and get after
it.

Thanks

Re: [discuss] nifi 1.14.0

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
 PR up

From: Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com> <ot...@gmail.com>
Reply: Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com> <ot...@gmail.com>
Date: July 12, 2021 at 20:20:30
To: dev@nifi.apache.org <de...@nifi.apache.org> <de...@nifi.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: [discuss] nifi 1.14.0

I’ll take care of it.  I’ll make the minimum 3.6.0

From: Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com> <jo...@gmail.com>
Reply: dev@nifi.apache.org <de...@nifi.apache.org> <de...@nifi.apache.org>
Date: July 12, 2021 at 18:25:28
To: dev@nifi.apache.org <de...@nifi.apache.org> <de...@nifi.apache.org>

Yeah we just need to update the latest required version . We're going
all in on all the HTTPS requirements and such so we're probably really
tight on required version at this point anyway.

I'd not be sinking the RC for this. Just a good JIRA to work on.

Thanks

Re: [discuss] nifi 1.14.0

Posted by Chad Zobrisky <cz...@gmail.com>.
No worries. I did more digging into the actual test failures and figured it
out. It ended up being that my locale wasn't set correctly in any of my
environments. Apparently the ubuntu version in wsl and server I was
building on didn't have a locale set with the correct format, eg.
en_US.utf8.

Set them in both environments and they both built main and the RC.

Thanks,
Chad

On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 11:06 PM David Handermann <

Re: [discuss] nifi 1.14.0

Posted by David Handermann <ex...@apache.org>.
Chad,

Re: [discuss] nifi 1.14.0

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Chad

I’m not seeing build issues and keep in mind it built on GitHub for various
combinations as shown
https://github.com/apache/nifi/actions/runs/1018795509

Perhaps maven build version matters?

Thanks

Re: [discuss] nifi 1.14.0

Posted by Mark Bean <ma...@gmail.com>.
Chad,

I had a similar issue building one of the *-utils bundles. I don't recall
if it was nifi-database-utils specifically, so I'm not sure this will
address your problem. However, my failure was because port 8443 wasn't
available. In my case specifically, I was using that port for a running
NiFi while building with the contrib-check profile. After freeing up the
port (by shutting down NiFi), the build succeeded.

Thanks,
-Mark

Re: [discuss] nifi 1.14.0

Posted by Chad Zobrisky <cz...@gmail.com>.

Re: [discuss] nifi 1.14.0

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
 I’ll take care of it.  I’ll make the minimum 3.6.0

From: Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com> <jo...@gmail.com>
Reply: dev@nifi.apache.org <de...@nifi.apache.org> <de...@nifi.apache.org>
Date: July 12, 2021 at 18:25:28
To: dev@nifi.apache.org <de...@nifi.apache.org> <de...@nifi.apache.org>