Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/01 21:38:33 UTC

asc.md5 and asc.sha1 (Was: [VOTE] Release OpenWebBeans 1.0.0-incubating-M2(Third Try))

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 9:21 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The .asc.md5 and .asc.sha1 files should be deleted from the plugins
> directory tree before deployment, as they serve no useful purpose.

These files are automatically produced by the interaction between
Maven and the Maven GPG plugin. The proper way to get rid of them
would be to fix this in Maven and/or the GPG plugin. I'm not sure if
someone is already working on this in.

Until then I don't see much point in adding special deployment steps
just to get rid of those files. The extra files cause little damage
and the cost of a more complicated deployment process or script
probably outweights the benefits.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: asc.md5 and asc.sha1 (Was: [VOTE] Release OpenWebBeans 1.0.0-incubating-M2(Third Try))

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 02/06/2009, Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu> wrote:
> Agreed, there's no harm here, and they are tiny files. The deploy plugin
>  adds hashes to all files that pass through it so it would need special logic
>  to ignore these files.

See wish:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MDEPLOY-73

which was created: 23/Feb/08.