Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Finn Bock <bc...@worldonline.dk> on 2005/01/06 13:33:08 UTC

Re: cvs commit: xml-fop/src/java/org/apache/fop/fo/properties BoxPropShorthandParser.java

jeremias@apache.org wrote:

>   Log:
>   convertValueForProperty didn't have the right signature and
>   therefore didn't override the superclass implementation.

That was sloppy of me. Thanks for finding and fixing it.

>   +        ListProperty listProperty = (ListProperty)property;

That is a no-no. Properties should not be casted but only be coerced
using the getXXX methods.

And the getList() method is already defined on Property so no cast is
needed.

Using casts will prevent us from adding property proxies, which i
suspect will be needed.

regards,
finn

Re: cvs commit: xml-fop/src/java/org/apache/fop/fo/properties BoxPropShorthandParser.java

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Sorry. Still learning. Thanks for paying attention. Fixed.

On 06.01.2005 13:33:08 Finn Bock wrote:
> jeremias@apache.org wrote:
>
> >   Log:
> >   convertValueForProperty didn't have the right signature and
> >   therefore didn't override the superclass implementation.
>
> That was sloppy of me. Thanks for finding and fixing it.
>
> >   +        ListProperty listProperty = (ListProperty)property;
>
> That is a no-no. Properties should not be casted but only be coerced
> using the getXXX methods.
>
> And the getList() method is already defined on Property so no cast is
> needed.
>
> Using casts will prevent us from adding property proxies, which i
> suspect will be needed.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: cvs commit: xml-fop/src/java/org/apache/fop/fo/properties BoxPropShorthandParser.java

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@yahoo.com>.
--- Finn Bock <bc...@worldonline.dk> wrote:

> Using casts will prevent us from adding property
> proxies, which i
> suspect will be needed.

<head-scratch/> What's a "property proxy"?  Can you
elaborate on that--give a simple scenario of it?

Thanks,
Glen