Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org> on 2013/05/07 02:27:28 UTC

[VOTE] Release PyLucene 4.3.0-1

It looks like the time has finally come for a PyLucene 4.x release !

The PyLucene 4.3.0-1 release tracking the recent release of Apache Lucene
4.3.0 is ready.

A release candidate is available from:
http://people.apache.org/~vajda/staging_area/

A list of changes in this release can be seen at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/pylucene/branches/pylucene_4_3/CHANGES

PyLucene 4.3.0 is built with JCC 2.16 included in these release artifacts:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/pylucene/trunk/jcc/CHANGES

A list of Lucene Java changes can be seen at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/tags/lucene_solr_4_3_0/lucene/CHANGES.txt

Please vote to release these artifacts as PyLucene 4.3.0-1.

Thanks !

Andi..

ps: the KEYS file for PyLucene release signing is at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/pylucene/dist/KEYS
http://people.apache.org/~vajda/staging_area/KEYS

pps: here is my +1

Re: [VOTE] Release PyLucene 4.3.0-1

Posted by Barry Wark <ba...@physion.us>.
On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 12 May 2013, Andi Vajda wrote:

> I'm back at my computer and checked where getJavaModule() is declared and
> it's declared up there in the same __init__.cpp file, just below initVM(),
> line 7. The function itself, is defined in jcc.cpp.
>
> The compiler error you're encountering is rather unexpected...
> Did you change anything else other than upgrading to trunk's 2.16 version ?

No, but I did make a *very* rookie mistake. Cleaning the build directory
seems to have resolved the issue. Ouch.

Sorry for the distraction!

Barry

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>.

Posted by Barry Wark <ba...@physion.us>.
Hi all,

Posted by Thomas Koch <ko...@orbiteam.de>.
I was able to build PyLucene 4.3.0-1 on Mac OS X ( Darwin Kernel Version 12.3.0) with Python 2.7.2.

All tests did pass.

>>> import lucene
>>> lucene.VERSION
'4.3.0'

regards,
Thomas

AW: [VOTE] Release PyLucene 4.3.0-1

Posted by Thomas Koch <ko...@orbiteam.de>.
Hi,
I was able to build JCC 2.16 and PyLucene 4.3.0-1 on Win32, Python 2.7, Java
1.6, ant 1.9. The "make test" raises the typical windows issues. I also
tried the basic Index/SearchFiles example (with no problems).

+1

Regards
Thomas

Posted by Barry Wark <ba...@physion.us>.
Hi all,

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
+1 to release!  Exciting to finally have a PyLucene 4.x :)

I ran my usual smoke test (index first 100K Wikipedia docs and run a
couple searches) and it looks great!

Only strangeness was ... I set JDK['linux2'] to my install location
(Oracle JDK), and normally this works fine, but this time setup.py
couldn't find javac nor javadoc ... so I had to go set those two full
paths as well, and then jcc built fine.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.