Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lynn Schaper <sc...@Colorado.EDU> on 2003/11/03 23:35:32 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] number of threads in apache

> Pls help me.I have configured apache in soalris 8 and is working fine.
> but after some days the threads increases and finally
> the application hangs and is not serving properly.
> what configuration shld i check for this problem in httpd.conf
> Maxclient values I have given as 100.

Here's a few things to look at:
 - What does server-status show in general?  How many requests are
   served per child?  Maybe you need to set MaxRequestsPerChild.
 - If you have 'top', what does that show
 - Can you set MaxClients to a point where it will not hang?
 - How is system memory?  Do you have enough?
 - Are you swapping?
 - You might want to set-up some data collection with vmstat,
   mpstat, iostat.

Lynn
--
    Lynn Schaper                        Schaper@colorado.edu
    Information Technology Services     Central and Unix Services