Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp> on 2015/04/09 13:33:40 UTC

Removal of unused properties

Hi Folks,

In MAPREDUCE-6307, I'd like to remove unused
"mapreduce.tasktracker.taskmemorymanager.monitoringinterval" property,
however, the compatibility document says "Hadoop-defined properties are
to be deprecated at least for one major release before being removed."

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.6.0/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/Compatibility.html#Hadoop_Configuration_Files

Is it applicable for unused properties?
Can we remove unused properties right now?

Regards,
Akira

Re: Removal of unused properties

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
Thank you, Ray and Karthik!

Regards,
Akira

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
Thank you, Ray and Karthik!

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
Thank you, Ray and Karthik!

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
Thank you, Ray and Karthik!

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.
Should be okay to remove.

--
Karthik Kambatla
Software Engineer, Cloudera Inc.

Re: Removal of unused properties

Posted by Ray Chiang <rc...@cloudera.com>.
We have done this before where the properties were documented in the .xml
file, but didn't exist anywhere in the Configuration files or the rest of
the code.

HDFS-7566 (committed)
YARN-2460 (committed)
MAPREDUCE-6057 (pending)