Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jason Carreira <ja...@zenfrog.com> on 2003/01/23 16:10:32 UTC

[users@httpd] Strange Problem: libphp4 breaks POSTing to CGIs

Hi all,

I've been having a problem for a couple of months which I have been
unable to figure out wherein GET requests to CGIs work fine, but POST
requests to CGIs, while they get through, don't have any of the POST
params. This applies both to the script-aliased cgi-bin and cgi's
running from regular directories, because of the AddHandler I've got in
httpd.conf.

My server is running at johncompanies.com with their virtualization
software which lets them have a standard template of pre-installed
softare that everyone uses (multiple instances of Linux running on one
box), which I originally blamed for this strange behavior. I was
originally running Apache 1.3.22, but I've installed the RPM to upgrade
to 1.3.27-2.

Ok, here's the weirdest part. We've firgured out that if you remove
libphp4 from httpd.conf, the CGIs work as expected! I would just leave
it at that, if I didn't want to run Squirrelmail for webmail, which is
built on PHP4. Has anyone seen this behavior? Any idea what could be
causing this?

Thanks very much,

Jason Carreira