Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Pablo Uribe Bastero <pa...@arin-innovation.com> on 2020/01/10 13:10:27 UTC

Shared drive missing

Hi,

We have one user that misses the "Shared Drive" option randomly. I don't know why, but disconnecting and connectin to the Windows machine works. We have Guacamole server 1.0 and Client 1.1.0. Do you know what could it be?

Thanks,
Pablo

Pablo Uribe
Systems Engineer

Oficina +34 946 404 714
Torre BEC - Ronda de Azkue, 1, 48902 - Barakaldo
[firma]

Este mensaje puede tener información confidencial, clasificada o protegida. Si usted no es el destinatario, o un empleado o el responsable de entregar este mensaje
al destinatario indicado, queda notificado de que cualquier divulgación, distribución o copia de esta comunicación está estrictamente prohibido. Si usted ha recibido
esta  comunicación por error, le rogamos nos lo notifique inmediatamente respondiendo al mensaje y que proceda al borrado del mismo.
[pie_correo_ecologico_icono]¿Necesita imprimir este mensaje? Protejamos el medio ambiente

Re: Shared drive missing

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.
On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 12:45 AM Pablo Uribe Bastero <
pablo.uribe@arin-innovation.com> wrote:

> That fixed the issue. I set the variable HOME on the guacd init script and
> it is working fine.

Great, but you shouldn't need to do that. The recent changes made to
guacamole-server for GUACAMOLE-927 will set the variable automatically.

- Mike

RE: Shared drive missing

Posted by Pablo Uribe Bastero <pa...@arin-innovation.com>.
That fixed the issue. I set the variable HOME on the guacd init script and it is working fine.

Thanks for your great job,
Pablo

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.

RE: Shared drive missing

Posted by Pablo Uribe Bastero <pa...@arin-innovation.com>.
Hi Mike,

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.

RE: Shared drive missing

Re: Shared drive missing

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.

Re: Shared drive missing

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 7:38 AM Pablo Uribe Bastero <
pablo.uribe@arin-innovation.com> wrote:

> Hi again,
>

> Sorry for the spamming, but I have been trying to fix this issues and I
> noticed something very extrange.
>

> When I start guacd with the command *“/usr/local/sbin/guacd -p
> /var/run/guacd.pid” *it works fine. But when I try to start guacd as a
> service with *“service guacd start” *it doesn’t work. I tried to create a
> new service called “test” with only the command *“/usr/local/sbin/guacd
> -p /var/run/guacd.pid” *and it doesn’t work. So it must be something
> related with how the SO start the service.

Do you perhaps have an older version of guacd and libguac still installed,
and "service guacd start" runs that, resulting in segfaults when it tries
to load a version of the RDP support that's linked against a much newer
libguac?

> Also with the service correctly started, I have seen this error and we
> cannot see the Shared Drive on the remote host:
>
> Jan 15 16:29:59 guacamole guacd[28188]: Cannot create static channel
> "rdpsnd": failed to load "guac-common-svc" plugin for FreeRDP.
>
> Jan 15 16:29:59 guacamole guacd[28188]: Support for the RDPSND channel
> (audio output) could not be loaded. Sound will not work. Drive redirection
> and printing MAY not work
>

> What library I am missing?

You're not missing any libraries per se. You need to add symbolic links for
FreeRDP to find the plugins installed by guacamole-server. The correct
location for those plugins will be the "freerdp2/" subdirectory (NOT
"freerdp/" as in older versions) of wherever "libfreerdp2.so" is located on
your system. You may need to create this directory. The guacamole-server
build would have placed those within /usr/local/lib/freerdp2/.

sudo mkdir -p PATH_TO_FREERDP/freerdp2/
sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/freerdp2/libguac*.so PATH_TO_FREERDP/freerdp2/

- Mike

RE: Shared drive missing

Posted by Pablo Uribe Bastero <pa...@arin-innovation.com>.
Hi again,

[cid:image001.png@01D5CB8C.55188D30]
[cid:image002.png@01D5CB8C.55188D30]
[cid:image003.png@01D5CB8C.55188D30]
[cid:image004.png@01D5CB8C.55188D30]

RE: Shared drive missing

Posted by Pablo Uribe Bastero <pa...@arin-innovation.com>.
Hi Mike,

[cid:image001.png@01D5CB88.CA132220]
[cid:image002.png@01D5CB88.CA132220]
[cid:image003.png@01D5CB88.CA132220]
[cid:image004.png@01D5CB88.CA132220]

Re: Shared drive missing

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.

RE: Shared drive missing

Posted by Pablo Uribe Bastero <pa...@arin-innovation.com>.
Hello Nick

I have updated the Guacamole Server to Pull 243 and FreeRDP to version 2.0.0-1.rc4. Now everytime I try to Access an RDP Server I get this error:

Jan 14 13:24:46 guacamole guacd[1098]: Creating new client for protocol "rdp"
Jan 14 13:24:46 guacamole guacd[1098]: Connection ID is "$dbd64af5-e04e-4ea9-bd09-c00a47e58e5a"
Jan 14 13:24:46 guacamole guacd[1933]: Security mode: RDP
Jan 14 13:24:46 guacamole guacd[1933]: Resize method: none
Jan 14 13:24:46 guacamole guacd[1933]: User "@5120a945-7e73-450a-b86b-b738cf34570d" joined connection "$dbd64af5-e04e-4ea9-bd09-c00a47e58e5a" (1 users now present)
Jan 14 13:24:46 guacamole kernel: guacd[1937]: segfault at 400 ip 00007f728d243bb1 sp 00007f728ec6ac00 error 6 in libguac-client-rdp.so.0.0.0[7f728d21d000+3a000]
Jan 14 13:24:46 guacamole guacd[1098]: Connection "$dbd64af5-e04e-4ea9-bd09-c00a47e58e5a" removed.

Am I doing something wrong? This is my /usr/local/lib folder:
[cid:image001.png@01D5CB06.17EE4070]

Thanks,
Pablo
Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

RE: Shared drive missing

Posted by Pablo Uribe Bastero <pa...@arin-innovation.com>.
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the answer. So would yo recommend for using Guacamole Client 1.1.0 and Guacamole Server Pull 243?

Do you have any idea when this pull will be mixed into the 1.1.0 version?
What FreeRDP 2.x versión is reccomended?

Thanks again,
Pablo

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.