Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Andras Piros <an...@apache.org> on 2018/12/03 13:29:01 UTC

[VOTE] Release Oozie 5.1.0 (candidate 2)

Hi there,

I have created a build for Oozie 5.1.0, release candidate 2.

This release introduces following major changes and fixes:
- Fluent Job API
- Git action
- reduced heap waste
- switched documentation from TWiki to Markdown
- callable queue improvements
- Spark action fixes
- SLA improvements
- third party dependency revamp
- fixed CVE-2018-11799

Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available at

 http://www.apache.org/dist/oozie/KEYS

Please download, test, and try it out:

http://people.apache.org/~andras/oozie-5.1.0-rc2/

The release candidate, sha512 signature, gpg signature, and rat report can
all be found
at the above address.

The vote is open until Friday, December 7, 2018 at 12:00am PDT.

Thanks,

Andras Piros

Re: [VOTE] Release Oozie 5.1.0 (candidate 2)

Posted by Peter Cseh <ge...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

+1 on the release.

- compiled with default options, installed sharelib, did a Kerberos dummy
setup.
Things seem to be ok.
Thanks everyone for the hard work on this release!
gp

--
*Peter Cseh *| Software Engineer
cloudera.com <https://www.cloudera.com>

[image: Cloudera] <https://www.cloudera.com/>

[image: Cloudera on Twitter] <https://twitter.com/cloudera> [image:
Cloudera on Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/cloudera> [image: Cloudera
on LinkedIn] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/cloudera>
------------------------------

Re: [VOTE] Release Oozie 5.1.0 (candidate 2)

Posted by Andras Piros <an...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Attila Sasvari <as...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Hi there,

+1 (but please see my observations below)

Here is what I did:
- built Oozie with Hadoop version 2.7.5, installed Oozie sharelib, started
the server,
- executed example workflows using a single node, pseudo Hadoop cluster,
- clicked through the Oozie Web UI to validate basic functionality (checked
job statuses, logs, DAG),
- created a demo workflow using the Oozie Fluent job API, validated and
submitted via Oozie CLI,
- verified the issues reported on RC 1 are now fixed.

Some observations:
- I was hit by OOZIE-3378. As I understand that it will be included in the
next minor release.
- Some of the error messages contain error code twice. For example: "Error:
E0307 : E0307: Runtime error [App directory
[hdfs://localhost:9000/user/root/examples/apps/subwf] does not exist and
app definition cannot be created because of missing
config value [oozie.jobs.api.generated.xml]]"
- I noticed that when we validate workflows generated via the fluent job
API using the Oozie CLI with "-validatejar" and "--verbose" options,
temporary XML files are created in a world readable directory (/tmp) on the
client side. It is not a good thing, but I am not sure if it qualifies as a
blocker. What do you think? If we consider it a blocker, then OOZIE-3378
could be also included in the next RC.

- Attila

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 5:15 PM Andras Salamon
<as...@cloudera.com.invalid> wrote:

> Thanks Peter,
>
> 1) I've opened an upstream jira:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OOZIE-3401
>
> Sala
>
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 5:05 PM Andras Piros
> <an...@cloudera.com.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Peter,
> >
> > 2) resembles *PIG-5253 <http://PIG-5253>* which is in progress. Oozie's
> > Hadoop 3 support efforts are tracked under *OOZIE-2973
> > <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OOZIE-2973>*.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Andras
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 3:30 PM Peter Bacsko
> <pbacsko@cloudera.com.invalid
> > >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > +1 (binding, conditional)
> > >
> > > - verified hash
> > > - verified signature
> > > - built distro & ran all tests
> > > - created Hadoop pseudo dist cluster, executed sample Java workflow
> > >
> > > Things I observed:
> > > 1. TestPyspark constantly fails locally, but passes in Jenkins. Please
> > > investigate that it's a test failure and create a JIRA to track it.
> > > 2. Not possible to build distro if -Dhadoop.version is set to 2.9.2.
> > Please
> > > confirm that it's not Oozie's fault.
> > >
> > > Peter

> until

> at

> > report

Attila Sasvari
Software Engineer
<http://www.cloudera.com/>

Re: [VOTE] Release Oozie 5.1.0 (candidate 2)

Posted by Andras Salamon <as...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Thanks Peter,

Posted by Andras Piros <an...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Thanks Peter,