Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by "rajiv.jain@netbuilder.com" <ra...@netbuilder.com> on 2013/04/06 16:06:26 UTC

Getting Started TomEE

Hi

Is there any instructions with how to get started with TomEE?

We are migrating from Tomcat 6 the Web Server to TomEE Plus which is the
Application Server.

Do you start the server with startup.bat? As when I start it the Tomcat 7 is
loaded.

When we used Tomcat 6, we had our own custom resources. For example:

<Resource name="git/GitConnectionFactory" auth="Container"
type="com.webchannel.jndi.GitConnection"
factory="com.webchannel.jndi.GitObjectFactory"
gitLocation="C:\git\.git">
</Resource>

How can this be acheived with TomEE? I have seen some examples, but they
fail.

Could you help please?

Re: Getting Started TomEE

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Declare directly the object as mentionned before.

Re: Getting Started TomEE

Posted by "rajiv.jain@netbuilder.com" <ra...@netbuilder.com>.
ok, so if I want to avoid context.xml what are the other options?

Re: Getting Started TomEE

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
ObjectFactory have to be defined in context.xml. tomee.xml doesnt define
jndi factories but directly objects

Re: Getting Started TomEE

Re: Getting Started TomEE

Posted by "rajiv.jain@netbuilder.com" <ra...@netbuilder.com>.
what do you mean?

Re: Getting Started TomEE

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Yes even tomcat context.xml but only on trunk ATM i think

Re: Getting Started TomEE

Re: Getting Started TomEE

Re: Getting Started TomEE

Posted by "rajiv.jain@netbuilder.com" <ra...@netbuilder.com>.
It mentions on: Type class could not be found: GitConnectionFactory: Type
class could not be
 found: GitConnectionFactory

The API library for this is the lib folder.

Any ideas?

Re: Getting Started TomEE

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
<Resource class-name="qualified name">
Attribute1 = value
OtherAttr=...
<Resource>

Re: Getting Started TomEE

Posted by "rajiv.jain@netbuilder.com" <ra...@netbuilder.com>.
Yes, I did read it.

Re: Getting Started TomEE

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Did you read about tomee.xml on tomee website?