Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by tog <gu...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/17 18:34:40 UTC

Running Shindig

Hi,

I am quite new to shindig and my goal is to build an "opensocial
capable" application using grails.
Has someone get a similar experience ?

So far I am able to test trunk using jetty from the command line and tomcat.
My only point is the following message ... but I am not able to find
any gadgets.properties in the directory tree. Can anyone help ?

WARNING: Couldn't load OAuth signing key.  To create a key, run:
  openssl req -newkey rsa:1024 -days 365 -nodes -x509 -keyout testkey.pem \
     -out testkey.pem -subj '/CN=mytestkey'
  openssl pkcs8 -in testkey.pem -out oauthkey.pem -topk8 -nocrypt -outform PEM

Then edit gadgets.properties and add these lines:
shindig.signing.key-file=<path-to-oauthkey.pem>
shindig.signing.key-name=mykey

What is the best way to play with the opensocial data container ? Is
there some tiny application using this backend. I already had a look
to:
  - SocialSite (which is not using Shindig)
  - mediated-opensocial but this is from my point of view an extension
rather that an application using it.

Thanks for your help

Guillaume

Re: Running Shindig

Posted by tog <gu...@gmail.com>.
Ok fine. But apparently in svn the file name is shindig.properties
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/shindig/trunk/java/common/conf/shindig.properties?revision=787808&pathrev=787808

So gadget.properties , shindig.properties which is the correct one ?

And can I overide those properties located in
ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/shindig-common-1.1-BETA2-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar (in
shindig.properties) by a file located here
ROOT/WEB-INF/shindig.properties ?

Thanks
Regards
Guillaume

--
PGP KeyID: 1024D/69B00854  subkeys.pgp.net

http://cheztog.blogspot.com

Re: Running Shindig

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.

Re: Running Shindig

Posted by Dominick Accattato <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Running Shindig

Posted by tog <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pablo,

Is there any documentation ? I changed few things in the pom in order
to update sqlite-jdbc and then try to build it against trunk. It fails
Is there any chance that it can be ported to 1.1 ?

Regards
Guillaume

Re: Running Shindig

Posted by pablo fernandez <fe...@gmail.com>.