Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chris Williams <ch...@cmguc.com> on 2001/12/04 16:04:27 UTC

Does apxs work with apache 2.0.28?

I am trying to use apxs to build mod_example.c.  The build works fine but
the .so doesn't get built.  I use the command apxs -c mod_example.c.  The
only files produced are a .o, .la, .lo, and .slo.  Does anyone know if this
functionality is there yet??

Thanks
Chris

Re: Does apxs work with apache 2.0.28?

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net>.
On Tuesday 04 December 2001 08:54 am, Chris Williams wrote:
> yes...when I do a -i, all it tries to do is copy over mod_example.so that
> doesn't exist.  here is an output of the commands.
>
> sh-2.03$ apxs -c mod_example.c
> /home2/apache2/build/libtool --silent --mode=compile
> c   -DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER -DSOLARIS2=8
> -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -D_REENTRANT -g -O2 -pthreads
> -I/home2/apache2/include  -c -o
> mod_example.lo mod_example.c && touch mod_example.slo
> /home2/apache2/build/libtool --silent --mode=link gcc -o
> mod_example.la -rpath /home2/apache2/modules -module -avoid-version
> mod_example.lo
> bash-2.03$ apxs -i mod_example.so
> /home2/apache2/build/libtool --mode=install cp mod_example.so
> /home2/apache2/modules/mod_example.so
> cp mod_example.so /home2/apache2/modules/mod_example.so
> cp: cannot access mod_example.so
> apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=131072
>
> If the -i is suppose to build the .so, it isn't doing it in the 2.0.28
> build.  Am I using the correct argument for the -i command or should I use
> mod_example.lo or something like that?

I am 99% sure that you should use mod_example.lo in the -i command.

Ryan

Posted by Chris Williams <ch...@cmguc.com>.

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net>.

Posted by Chris Williams <ch...@cmguc.com>.