Posted to dev@ponymail.apache.org by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org> on 2016/07/10 11:20:12 UTC

Getting started on a 0.9 release branch

As is a pony's prerogative, I am getting started on a 0.9 branch slated
for a release vote later next week (or this week if you're an ISO
freak). We have a lot of changes to get out to to people and ponies.

I intend to start a vote in the coming days and - assuming it passes -
bring it to the Incubator for approval, with a target release date of
Monday the 18th.

If anyone has changes they'd like to see in this release candidate,
please push it to master and then merge into 0.9. Speaking of which, we
should possibly get started on some
Commit-Then-Review/Review-Then-Commit rules, assuming we can get enough
votes for this to be feasible. Considering the situation, I am in favor
of a CTR with an additional +1 (or two?) required to push into a stable
branch.

With regards,
Daniel.