Posted to user@spark.apache.org by marko <ma...@nissatech.com> on 2017/12/21 11:27:17 UTC

Reading data from OpenTSDB or KairosDB

Hello everyone,

I would like to know whether there is a way to read time-series data
from OpenTSDB (built on top of HBase) or KairosDB (built on top of
Cassandra) to a Spark DataFrame (or RDD's) ?

Best regards,
Marko

Re: Reading data from OpenTSDB or KairosDB

Posted by marko <ma...@nissatech.com>.
Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

And what do you think about approach of querying data using
OpenTSDB/KairosDB piece by piece, creating a dataframe for each piece,
and then making a union out of them?

This would enable us to store and query data as timeseries and process
it using Spark?

Best regards,
Marko

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.