Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Tony Burton <TB...@Sportingsolutions.com> on 2018/01/02 10:37:38 UTC

RE: please revise your input?

Hi,

Anyone got any suggestions for this? Thanks!

Tony

Posted by Tony Burton <TB...@Sportingsolutions.com>.
Hi Eduardo

You’re correct, there are no column names returned at that point of the Job setup. (The docs make no mention that this should happen, so it wasn’t obvious that I should expect it)

Also - Yes, this is sqoop2. I didn’t know it was deprecated, so I’ll spend a few minutes investigating the connection in sqoop2, and revert to sqoop 1 if I can’t find the problem. Is there any version of sqoop 1 that you recommend I should use?

Thanks again.

Tony

Posted by Eduardo Mello <ee...@gmail.com>.
Is this ofuscated?
"Column names:
There are currently 0 values in the list:"

Seems like your connection does not return anything, can u check your
connection?

Are you running Sqoop2? Major companies like Cloudera/MapR/Hortonworks are
deprecating Sqoop2 and recommend using Sqoop 1 ( example of warning of
"sqoop2 deprecated"
https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-6-x/topics/cdh_ig_sqoop2_configure.html
).

RE: please revise your input?