Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by tekman <te...@hotmail.com> on 2009/03/10 13:36:28 UTC

Can endpoint wsdl refer to external schemas?

Hi folks!

Is cxf able to keep references to xsd's in the generated service wsdl,
instead of creating all schema types inside the wsdl?

Thanks in advance

Tor Erik

Re: Can endpoint wsdl refer to external schemas?

Posted by tekman <te...@hotmail.com>.

tekman wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> Is cxf able to keep references to xsd's in the generated service wsdl,
> instead of creating all schema types inside the wsdl?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Tor Erik

The answer is yes, we've made this work by specifying a wsdllocation for the
jax-ws endpoint. If this wsdl points to schema files, these references are
updated to match the position on the server.
However, we had to add binding information to the referenced wsdl, which is
sad when the wsdl had to be placed in the web project. Configuration
management is then much harder.

Any ideas on a smarter solutin?