Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Chris Hane <ch...@itsolut.com> on 2006/01/05 23:28:22 UTC

Reusing an SMTP connection for outgoing mail

I need to send around 8K messages (roughly 100K/message) through my
James server (each to a different user, and each is personalized to the
user).  Right now I am sending 50 messages at a time on a single SMTP
connection (and then I get a new connection).

Are there any issues with sending 50 at a time across 1 connection that
I should be aware of?

Should I send less?

Or can I send more at a time?  What would a reasonable upper limit that
can/should be sent on 1 connection.

Thanks in advance,
Chris....