Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Kevin <ke...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/19 00:56:09 UTC

Speedup Mean Shift Clustering

Hello,

I've started to use the mean shift clustering algorithm and I am wondering
if it would be beneficial to include the functionality of
MeanShiftCanopyMapper.map(...) in the
MeanShiftCanopyCreatorMapper.map(...). This way the MapReduce job used to
create canopies from vector would not only transform all the vectors to
canopies, but also, in the same job, start merging canopies. The first
iteration of building the clusters would be done inside the
MeanShiftCanopyMapper instead of just transforming vectors to canopies.

Any inputs about this?

Thanks,
-Kevin

Re: Speedup Mean Shift Clustering

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Coz the streaming k-means is better and waay faster.

Posted by Kevin <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
Hi Kevin,