Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Kev Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/08 06:59:22 UTC

concat-test.xml antunit

Hi,

There's a problem with the concat-test.xml

If you execute this on linux/unix, no problems, but on windows it fails

The reason is that Windows has the stupid crlf line ending

<property name="br" value="${line.separator}" />
   <concat destfile="encodeStringDest"
     outputEncoding="utf-16">foo${br}bar${br}baz${br}</concat>

So when this encodeStringDigest file is compared to the utf-16.expected
file, it fails as in the encodeDigestFile there are extra \cr characters
embedded.

The actual concat task works, but the test is platform dependent unless
I add a windows.utf-16.expected and modify the test to compare against
the correct file (which is what I'll do unless someone objects)

Thanks,
Kev