Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Wa...@wellsfargo.com on 2013/08/09 02:12:21 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_rewrite question

I have the following URL that is no longer valid
https://cms.example.com/enterprise/registration/browserinstructions.jsp?prod
uctID=100 and I have beat myself silly trying to get it to redirect to the
new correct URL
https://cms.example.com/enterprise/registration/InternalPersonalCertificates
.do?dispatchMethod=requestInternalPersonalCertificate . Any insight would be
great, at this point I feel like I can't see the forest because of the
trees.

Paul Fontenot
Enterprise Key Management & Public Key Infrastructure | EIST&O | ETS | TOG |
Wells Fargo

ward.p.fontenot@wellsfargo.com

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you
are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you
must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or
any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please
advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank
you for your cooperation.

Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite question

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM, Noah Duffy <no...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On Aug 8, 2013, at 7:12 PM, <Wa...@wellsfargo.com> wrote:
>
>> I have the following URL that is no longer valid https://cms.example.com/enterprise/registration/browserinstructions.jsp?productID=100 and I have beat myself silly trying to get it to redirect to the new correct URL https://cms.example.com/enterprise/registration/InternalPersonalCertificates.do?dispatchMethod=requestInternalPersonalCertificate . Any insight would be great, at this point I feel like I can’t see the forest because of the trees.

In the vhost for https://cms.example.com

# likely already there
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^productID=100$
RewriteRule ^/enterprise/registration/browserinstructions.jsp$
https://%{HTTP_HOST}/registration/InternalPersonalCertificates.do?dispatchMethod=requestInternalPersonalCertificate
[R]

RE: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite question

Posted by Wa...@wellsfargo.com.
My bad, this is a site that uses a fair amount of simple rewrite rules and
they are all working correctly.

> I have the following URL that is no longer valid
https://cms.example.com/enterprise/registration/browserinstructions.jsp?prod
uctID=100 and I have beat myself silly trying to get it to redirect to the
new correct URL
https://cms.example.com/enterprise/registration/InternalPersonalCertificates
.do?dispatchMethod=requestInternalPersonalCertificate . Any insight would be
great, at this point I feel like I can't see the forest because of the
trees.

I'm not sure if you had mod_rewrite working at all before, but I know I beat
myself silly trying to figure out why it wouldn't work for me in the past
when I knew I had it enable.

It turned out I had to change "AllowOveride None" to AllowOveride All" in my
site config.

That may not help you any, but hopefully it does.

--
Noah Duffy
noahduffy@fastmail.fm

Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite question