Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Willoughby, Kevin" <Ke...@arrisi.com> on 2008/11/21 18:06:55 UTC

Concurrency within a thread group?

I'm modeling a web server where the browser has some concurrent requests to the web server through some Ajax scripting. Capturing the HTTP traffic and converting it into a single thread-group was easy. I'm not sure how to represent the concurrency of a single user within a JMeter script. My first attempt was a thread group inside of a thread group, but that doesn't seem to be supported. The requests are interrelated, so fully independent thread groups isn't representative of a real work load.

Any suggestions?

Re: Concurrency within a thread group?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 21/11/2008, Willoughby, Kevin <Ke...@arrisi.com> wrote:
> I'm modeling a web server where the browser has some concurrent requests to the web server through some Ajax scripting. Capturing the HTTP traffic and converting it into a single thread-group was easy. I'm not sure how to represent the concurrency of a single user within a JMeter script. My first attempt was a thread group inside of a thread group, but that doesn't seem to be supported. The requests are interrelated, so fully independent thread groups isn't representative of a real work load.

JMeter does not support parallel samples within a thread.

However, different browsers behave in different ways with regard to
how many parallel sessions they allow, and the timing will vary.

What's important is to ensure that the total load on the server
represents what you are trying to test.