Posted to dev@usergrid.apache.org by Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/11 18:28:04 UTC

[REPORT] Apache Usergrid

Description

    Usergrid is Backend-as-a-Service (BaaS) composed of an integrated
    database (Cassandra), a query engine (Elastic Search), and
    application layer and client tier with SDKs for developers.

Activity

    Development continues on the 2.0 release.  Stabilization and bug
    fixes from the results of large scale testing are in progress.
    Bug fixes are still applied to 1.0, as well as new functionality
    to allow migration from 1.0 -to 2.0.

Short summary of Usergrid activity over past month

    No new committers in past month

When was the last PMC member and committer added to the project?

    George Reyes voted onto PMC on 2015-10-02

When was the last release made by the project?

    2015-07-16 - apache-usergrid-1.0.2-incubating

Issues

    Changes to Apache Git have hampered our development process.
    Specifically, we create a feature branch per JIRA ticket.  This ticket
    is then reviewed in a pull request by 1 or more committers, and then
accepted
    into master.  Without the ability to delete these branches after a
merge,
    our repository is increasing in obsolete branches.  This also causes
issues
    when a branch is improperly named on creation.

Mailing list activity:

 - dev@usergrid.apache.org:
    - 90 subscribers (up 7 in the last 3 months)
    - 1679 emails sent in the past 3 months (2420 in previous quarter)

 - user@usergrid.apache.org:
    - 109 subscribers (up 19 in the last 3 months)
    - 37 emails sent in the past 3 months (4 in the previous cycle)

JIRA activity:

This look good to you guys?

Re: [REPORT] Apache Usergrid

Posted by Shawn Feldman <sh...@gmail.com>.