Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Edwin <ed...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/22 18:56:16 UTC

SEDA queue max size behaviour

Hi Folks,

If I have a route (route1) where I send messages to a seda queue and I have
another route (route2) that consumes messages from this seda queue and the
maximum size of the queue is set at 1000.

And, lets say that route2 cannot consume messages from the queue as quick as
route1 is placing them on and the 1000 limit is reached

I am wondering what will happen to message 1001 coming from route1?

Will route1 wait until route2 removes enough messages from the queue so that
the current size of the queue is < 1000 - allowing message 1001 to proceed
through the flow?

Any thoughts are much appreciated

Thanks,
Edwin

Re: SEDA queue max size behaviour

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

See the blockWhenFull option at
http://camel.apache.org/seda

The default behavior would be an exception will be thrown if the queue
is full. but that option allows you to wait and block instead.

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Edwin <ed...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> If I have a route (route1) where I send messages to a seda queue and I have
> another route (route2) that consumes messages from this seda queue and the
> maximum size of the queue is set at 1000.
>
> And, lets say that route2 cannot consume messages from the queue as quick as
> route1 is placing them on and the 1000 limit is reached
>
> I am wondering what will happen to message 1001 coming from route1?
>
> Will route1 wait until route2 removes enough messages from the queue so that
> the current size of the queue is < 1000 - allowing message 1001 to proceed
> through the flow?
>
> Any thoughts are much appreciated
>
> Thanks,
> Edwin