Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Dana Kaufman <dk...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/07 19:58:37 UTC

Can Only Access Local Web Services?

I downloaded and configured JMeter 2.0.2 to call a simple Web service.
 It works and I get test results if my Web service is on a local
machine.  If I try to test a Web service running on another computer
it fails.  I have tried this on two computers with the same results.
How can I test against remote servers?

 I am using JDK 1.4.2_04-b05 on Windows XP with SP2 installed.  I
turned the XP Firewall off incase this was the problem but it had no
effect.

-Dana

Re: Can Only Access Local Web Services?

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
it should work. can you provide some more details, so I can help?

peter

Posted by Dana Kaufman <dk...@gmail.com>.
Peter,

As I mentioned, the problem is with the Web Service Sampler not the
XML/RPC Sampler.  I have both the mail.jar and activation.jar file.
When I originally download JMeter and tested on my local machine,
these jars where missing and I was seeing java Exceptions.  I have
both of the jars and no exceptions but all of my testing was done with
those jars in place and I am still seeing those exceptions.

Is there a possibility something in the Web Service sampler is timing
out or it is not waiting for the response back?  I do have the "Read
SOAP Response" item checked in the Web Service sampler.

-Dana

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dana Kaufman <dk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.