Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Dmitry Goldenberg <dg...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/05 23:21:56 UTC

Connection pooling in Phoenix ?

Hi,

Could someone provide an overview of connection pooling vis a vis Phoenix?

1. Does Phoenix do connection pooling under the covers? We currently just
create connections and then close them once we're done with a given request
which doesn't seem to drastically curtail performance. However, we've not
truly stressed the system just yet.  We're wondering if indeed we should go
with connection pooling, from the performance perspective.

2. If there's no built-in connection pooling, does it make sense to
integrate something like Apache Dbcp?

Thanks.

Re: Connection pooling in Phoenix ?

Posted by Dmitry Goldenberg <dg...@gmail.com>.