Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by A Geek <dw...@live.com> on 2012/12/25 12:23:13 UTC

Running webgraph commands in Nutch 2.1 gives NoClassDefFoundError

Hi All, I've been using Nutch 1.5 for quite some time and now I'm trying to use the latest Nutch 2.1 binary. In that I configured to use HBase as the storage engine. With the help of the Nutchtutorial wiki [http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/Nutch2Tutorial]pages, I'm able to follow the generate->fetch->parse->updatedb->generate etc steps and its working fine without giving any errors. After running these cycles couple of times, I wanted to generate the webgraph similar to what I've been doing in Nutch 1.5. However, I'm getting Noclassdefinitionfound error, as shown below:
ubuntu@domU-12-31-39-04-55-61:~/nutch21/runtime/local$ bin/nutch webgraphException in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: webgraphCaused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: webgraph        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)Could not find the main class: webgraph.  Program will exit.ubuntu@domU-12-31-39-04-55-61:~/nutch21/runtime/local$ bin/nutch org.apache.nutch.scoring.webgraph.WebGraphException in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/nutch/scoring/webgraph/WebGraphCaused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.nutch.scoring.webgraph.WebGraph        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)Could not find the main class: org.apache.nutch.scoring.webgraph.WebGraph.  Program will exit.ubuntu@domU-12-31-39-04-55-61:~/nutch21/runtime/local$

I also tried running the other related commands e.g. scoreupdater, nodedumper etc but all of them are giving the same error. [I referred this: http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/CommandLineOptions]It seems, in Nutch 2.1 these commands have been renamed or something. Please help me run theese commands for producing the linkrank, webgraph, nodedumper etc. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate your time.

Regards, DW

Note: I've this Nutch 2.1 src: apache-nutch-2.1-src.zip . I unzipped this and ran: ant runtime to generate the nutch binaries, jars etc. and I configured the hbase as per this page: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/hbase/

RE: Running webgraph commands in Nutch 2.1 gives NoClassDefFoundError

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Hi - the webgraph tools have not been ported to 2.0: