Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by fe...@ilww.com on 2003/12/09 19:54:38 UTC

JVM crash on Redhat Linux 9.0

Hello,

We are using Batik for a custom user interface in a large application. We
are experiencing random crashes of the JVM. We are using j2sdk1.4.2_01
running on Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike). I have attached a log hoping
that someone may be able to provide some insight. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Fred

Re: JVM crash on Redhat Linux 9.0

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
feckmair@ilww.com wrote:

> We are using Batik for a custom user interface in a large application.
> We are experiencing random crashes of the JVM. We are using
> j2sdk1.4.2_01 running on Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike). I have
> attached a log hoping that someone may be able to provide some insight.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Fred,

    Sorry to hear about this.  It's probably just stating what you
already know, but it appears that the processes is failing while
finalizing (garbage collecting) one of the graphics support objects
responsible for filling paths (sun.dc.pr.PathFiller).  Since it
seems to be dieing in libc, my guess would be that free would be
responsible (as it is hard for me to think of anything else that
sort of class would be calling from libc in a finalizer).  If this
long chain of supposition is to be believed it probably means that
something is corrupting the heap (probably not the path filler).

    Do you have native code in your application? (didn't see any).

    I would suggest you post this to the Java2D interest list as many
of the Sun Engineers hang out there.  They might now what sort of
path filling sun.dc.pr.PathFiller is responsible for.