Posted to user@struts.apache.org by koen boutsen <ko...@lycos.com> on 2003/10/31 11:10:09 UTC

tiles and margins

hi
I'm using tiles for my application. I don't work with definitions, but with layout.jsp pages :

<BODY marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" >

		<!-- banner -->
</BODY>

I want my header in a certain color and my body in another color, with no margins around them. If I use the code above, I get these margins, even if I use marginheight = "0".

I tried to give the <body> tag from the header.jsp and body.jsp a bgcolor, but then my whole page takes the first color that is found.

If I don't explained it clearly, don't hesitate to mail me, because I'm really stuck on this one.

Thanks

Koen Boutsen
koenboutsen@lycos.com

Re: tiles and margins

Posted by khote <kh...@mminternet.com>.
use a stylesheet.  You can declare it in your tiles definition and discover
it in your jsp
You can have <style> tags in the <head>, or use a linked stylesheet -- you
can declare that in a definition, if you use a controller you can
dynamically set it.
set:

body {
  padding: 0px;
  margin: 0px;
}

use inline styles in your tables and td's

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;6413623;3807821;f?http://mocda2.com/1/c/563632/131726/311392/311392