Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christian Andersson <ca...@ofs.no> on 2007/11/13 15:06:09 UTC

moving from maven 1 to maven 2

Hi there,  first some history :-)
I'm currently using maven 1.0.3 (yes, I know it is old, but it works for
me) and we are currently switching from cvs to subversion. Along with
this switch from cvs to subversion we are also going to try to switch
from  our old maven to maven 2 (2.0.7)

In our old projects we are using a couple of self written plugins (which
I have not converted yet, but I doubt that they will be the main problem)

anyway, I have a few questions that I don't seem to have found an answer
to..

in our project.xml we have been using xml entitities to define default
xml parts that was used in several maven projects, for exampel we would
create an xml file for a dependency and then use the xml entity handling
(or whatever it is called) to include this part into all the project.xml
files that had this dependency. This made it easy for us to upgrade a
dependency from one version to another since we only needed to change 1
place, rebuild all and test..

We have also used this entity handling for the organization and
developer data..

now from what I understand is that maven 2 does not support the usage of
xml entities like we have used it, and  if I understand it correctly I
can use the DependencyManagement in the parent pom to resolve the
dependency problem, but I have not found a similar solution for
developers. (organization is solved completely using parent

so my question here is there anything I can do about developers (we are
so far only about 10 developers, but it is growing and some will move,
etc. so I don't want to update 20 different projects when 1 place would
be enough..)

--
Christian Andersson - ca@ofs.no

Configuration and Collaboration for OpenOffice.org
Open Framework Systems AS http://www.ofs.no

Re: moving from maven 1 to maven 2

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
yes, this is a common feature request - but it's not possible at
present. You can use different parent projects (for example for
teams), but other than that, it's duplication. Sorry :(

Brett Porter

Re: moving from maven 1 to maven 2

Posted by Christian Andersson <ca...@ofs.no>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.