Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Heath Borders <he...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/15 01:34:29 UTC

Jasper extension

Is Jasper designed so that it could be used to compile JSP files into
other contexts?

I am a MyFaces developer (we are in the incubator right now, but will
soon be moving to a top-level).  Currently, development and
maintanence of custom JSF tags is pain for the same reasons that
development of Servlets were painful before JSPs.

I would like to try to extend Jasper so that it could compile JSPs
into JSF Renderer.

Is this something that could be accomplished in my free time after work?

Is this just a crazy idea?

--
-Heath Borders-Wing
hborders@mail.win.org