Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by Jorge Lorenzo <jo...@tid.es> on 2003/06/19 02:06:29 UTC

[juddi-Users] JAXR findOrganizations

Hi again,

I'm trying to find all the organizations of my private JUDDI register with
JAXR. This should be really simple:
	Collection namePatterns = new ArrayList();
	namePatterns.add("%");
	BulkResponse response = bqm.findOrganizations(null, namePatterns, null,
null, null, null);

There's no problem when the organization has no service. But when one of the
organization has services attached, then we get the following exception:

14:58:16,882 ERROR [STDERR] java.lang.ClassCastException
14:58:16,886 ERROR [STDERR]     at
com.sun.xml.registry.common.util.CastorUtil.unmarshalObject(Unknown Source)
14:58:16,886 ERROR [STDERR]     at
com.sun.xml.registry.uddi.Processor.processResponse(Unknown Source)
14:58:16,887 ERROR [STDERR]     at
com.sun.xml.registry.uddi.Processor.processRequest(Unknown Source)
14:58:16,887 ERROR [STDERR]     at
com.sun.xml.registry.uddi.UDDIMapper.findOrganizations(Unknown Source)
14:58:16,887 ERROR [STDERR]     at
com.sun.xml.registry.uddi.BusinessQueryManagerImpl.findOrganizations(Unknown
Source)
14:58:16,888 ERROR [STDERR]     at
com.tid.swce.negociador.registro.GestionOrganizacion.listarOrganizaciones
GestionOrganizacion.java:41)

Apparently, the JUDDI response is correct. The query request is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <soap-env:Envelope
xmlns:soap-env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
      <soap-env:Body>
         <find_business generic="2.0" xmlns="urn:uddi-org:api_v2">
            <name xml:lang="en"
xmlns:xml="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace">%</name>
         </find_business>
      </soap-env:Body>
   </soap-env:Envelope>

and the query response is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <soapenv:Envelope
      <soapenv:Body>
         <businessList generic="2.0" operator="jUDDI.org"
xmlns="urn:uddi-org:api_v2">
            <businessInfos>
               <businessInfo
businessKey="1ABBF0C0-A1C6-11D7-B0C0-FCA49EFE3229">
                  <name xml:lang="en">Service Provider</name>
                  <description xml:lang="en">sdffsdasdf</description>
                  <serviceInfos>
                     <serviceInfo
serviceKey="1E3DEB90-A1C6-11D7-AB90-E51EC5F3BB0C">
                        <name xml:lang="en">Prueba TModel</name>
                     </serviceInfo>
                     <serviceInfo
serviceKey="1E31DDA0-A1C6-11D7-9DA0-F19AE033BBB0">
                        <name xml:lang="en">Prueba TModel2</name>
                     </serviceInfo>
                  </serviceInfos>
               </businessInfo>
            </businessInfos>
         </businessList>
      </soapenv:Body>
   </soapenv:Envelope>

I think it's a problem of the SUN JAXR implementation, but I'm not sure.

Can anyone check the response in case there's any mistake?.
Is there any alternative JAXR implementation available (apart from the SUN
one)?.

Best regards,
Jorge

Re: [juddi-Users] JAXR findOrganizations

Posted by Andy Cutright <ac...@borland.com>.
i get essentially the same response, but without xml:lang adornments. my
interpretation of the spec implies the ServiceInfo data structure is
correct. i've just tested your case sorta, by hacking the database,
adding the xml:lang adornment directly. using the jbuilder9 web services
explorer tool, which uses the uddi4j client library, i was able to
successfully query for businesses which have services, where the service
name has an xml:lang adornment. i'd say this is -probably- a bug in
sun's code or a configuration issue on your client.

cheers,
andy

Posted by Andy Cutright <ac...@borland.com>.
hi jorge,

RE: [juddi-Users] RE: Communication link failure

Posted by Anou Manavalan <an...@trysybase.com>.
Jorge,

The default for juddi.useConnectionPool is false, so if you don't have it in
the config, then it is using your tomcat resource setup, that would imply
that there is a problem in the datasource connection. May be a small prog
that uses your tomcat connection alone will help to debug and find why the
connection is failing.

regards,
-Anou

From: Steve Viens <sv...@at...>
 RE: Communication link failure
2003-06-26 01:54
 Jorge, are you using the jUDDI-based Connection Pooling or are you using
 a JNDI DataSource setup under Tomcat (preferred method).

 To quickly determine if you're using jUDDI-based Connection Pooling, see
 if the juddi.useConnectionPool property is set to "true" in the
 juddi.properties file.

 Steve

Posted by Jorge Lorenzo <jo...@tid.es>.
Hi all,

Finally I found on the Internet how to solve this problem. I appended
"autoReconnect=true" to the JDBC connection url in the server.xml file
($CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml).

<Context path="/juddi" docBase="juddi" debug="5" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true">
  <ResourceParams name="jdbc/juddiDB">
    <parameter>
      <name>url</name>
      <value>jdbc:mysql://myhost:3306/juddi?autoReconnect=true</value>
    </parameter>
  </ResourceParams>
</Context>

I haven't tested with the JUDDI property "juddi.useConnectionPool".

Regards,
Jorge

RE: [juddi-Users] Communication link failure

[...]

Communication link failure: java.io.IOException  SOAPFault Actor: null