Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jagannayakam <ja...@aztec.soft.net> on 2003/07/07 13:53:48 UTC

is war file essential

Hi all ,

I am using tomcat 4.1.24 . I am trying to start with struts. Is it essential
that the application should be deployed as war file only .

Suppose if i have index.jsp in  my webapp/MyExample  directory . this page
is defined in the web.xml in webapp/MyExample/web-inf  as

 <welcome-file-list>
    <welcome-file>Index.jsp</welcome-file>
  </welcome-file-list>

But after starting the tomcat server  and if i give the url as
http://localhost:8080/MyExample
the page is not getting identified .

Regards,
Jagan.

RE: is war file essential

Posted by Navjot Singh <na...@net4india.net>.
No. its' not necessary but convenient way to deploy app.
You may directly copy the entire dir into context dir and start the tomcat.
It will stillwork.

Are you sure the file name is Index.sjp and NOT index.jsp?

navjot singh

RE: is war file essential

Posted by Alex Shneyderman <al...@law.columbia.edu>.
You have a typo in your web.xml change Index.jsp to index.jsp

And no it is not essential to start app as war. You can dearchive it too
and it will deploy just as well.