Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Pankaj Khandelwal <pa...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/10 10:57:40 UTC

deletebyquery causing high heap memory usage

Hi,

We have multiple Drupal sites and for each site we have created separate collection in Solr 7.7.3 cluster with 5 node. each instance has 16GBs of memory and 8 GBs of JVM.

Whenever from any drupal site we delete some document we send deleteByQuery  request (Module dependency) heap usage spikes up and take down few nodes.
Is there any way to prevent heap usage spike by deleteByQuery.

Thanks,
Pankaj khandelwal

Re: deletebyquery causing high heap memory usage

Posted by Zisis Tachtsidis <zi...@runbox.com>.
You can have a look at https://www.zisistach.org/posts/solr-performance/#avoid-using-deletebyquery

We used to have similar problems and the solution was to avoid the calls to deleteByQuery altogether.

Zisis T.