Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by p_repetti <pi...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/20 11:07:17 UTC

Transform exception with escape sequences in input

Hello

I'm using FOP 0.93 with JDK 1.5 to transform an XML source file to PDF via
an XSL-FO sheet.
If the source XML contains the escape sequence "&lt;" I get the following
exception

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: The content
of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.

Could anyone give me hints about the reason ?
Thanks

Re: Transform exception with escape sequences in input

Posted by p_repetti <pi...@gmail.com>.
I notice now that my text is rendered as xml and may be confusing.

The escape sequence in my input is

& lt ;

(obviously without spaces in between).