Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/23 17:13:53 UTC

HSQLDB table modes

Hi,
In his patch for CAY-1095 [1], Robert indicated that we should be created
HSQLDB tables as cached.  Not being overly familiar with it, I looked into
the matter a bit, and I don't think it would pose any serious backwards
compatibility issues for us.  And it does indeed seem to bring a lot of
benefits, save in the case where a database is small enough to fit entirely
into memory.  Before I go make the change, however, I wanted to know why we
weren't doing it in the first place and if there's any reason that we
shouldn't.

[1] -- https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-1095

Kevin

Re: HSQLDB table modes

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com>.
Indeed.  I misread the patch/comment.  He simply added a test to ensure that
it was being called with CACHED option.  Sorry for the confusion.
--
Kevin

Re: HSQLDB table modes

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.