Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Dunne, Eoin" <eo...@ihsenergy.com> on 2005/06/07 22:26:04 UTC

RE: svn propset -R is failing on svn:external properties

I wanted to change a recursive property we have set under \trunk.  This used
to be no problem but this is now failing however due to some strangeness
with svn:external links.  There seems to be two potential problems...the
first is that I can't seem to keep my working copy up to date as the
external links almost always update for some reason.  I updated about 4
times in 10 minutes and the only thing that was updating was the external
projects.  Why this occurs I don't know.

The second problem is that setting a subversion property with these external
links seems to fail even if my working copy is up to date (or as close as I
can get it).

I'm looking for ideas on how to solve this issue.

1.	Either were using svn:external wrong
2.	There is a bug in subversion that is preventing the propset -R from
working properly with svn:external.

I've started trolling through the various news groups, but I haven't found
this specific problem as of yet.  So if someone has ideas please let me
know.

This 3 minute change to has turned into half a day project.