Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Adrian Robert <ad...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/29 09:23:56 UTC

maven-webstart-plugin status?

Hi,

I read about the maven-webstart-plugin and am interested in trying it
out.  However an attempt to do 'mvn webstart:jnlp' resulted in the
prefix being looked up correctly and mapped to
"org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-webstart-plugin", but then this fails
to find anything at central with "does not exist or no valid version
could be found".

I read at this page: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MOJO/Webstart+Plugin

about checking out from subversion, but, though I might be willing to
hack on this to get it working for our project, would really rather
try it out first without going to this length.  Is this possible, or
no?  Is the plugin still alive?  I'm not that experienced with maven
so I don't know if I need to be adding some additional repository
configs to pick it up (didn't see anything on the web pages at
http://mojo.codehaus.org/webstart-maven-plugin-parent/webstart-maven-plugin/index.html).

thanks,
Adrian

Re: Maven 2 JNLP

Posted by Jerome Lacoste <je...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 7, 2007 8:57 AM, Ahmet Aytekin <aa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> what is the right plugin for jnlp. I have tried maven-webstart-plugin
> with no luck. I also saw the maven 2 plugin list that there is maven-
> jnlp-plugin but I couldn't find any documentation. Appreciate any help.

The plugin is alive. The next webstart plugin will be released soon with the
following changes:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MWEBSTART/fixforversion/13112

I am waiting for a release of the maven jar plugin.

If you have issues with the webstart plugin, feel free to ask exactly what
are your problems with it.

Cheers,

Jerome

Maven 2 JNLP

Posted by Ahmet Aytekin <aa...@gmail.com>.
Hi

what is the right plugin for jnlp. I have tried maven-webstart-plugin
with no luck. I also saw the maven 2 plugin list that there is maven-
jnlp-plugin but I couldn't find any documentation. Appreciate any help.

Regards,
Maruf

Re: maven-webstart-plugin status?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
In the future, you can also use:
mvn org.codehaus.mojo:webstart-maven-plugin:<insert version here>:jnlp

But it is easier to simply add the plugin declaration (you should
really include a version btw) and then mvn webstart:jnlp should just
work.

Wayne

Posted by Adrian Robert <ad...@gmail.com>.